So we constructed the carport and moved all the pavers from the former parking area. Now we needed to turn this space into a yard. I was all for hiring this part out, but Jim had other ideas. I did have to hire some help to get out a lot of the asphalt and gravel that was formerly the end of the parking area that connected to the road. No amount of Jim Burlingame muscle could do the work required to dig this stuff out.
Once the Bobcat had done its job, (Thanks to Darryl and his hard-working crew) I stared at the expanse of yard requiring a layer of dirt and sod. I was not looking forward to this.
We began early Sunday morning and finished in about 4 1/2 hours. I have to admit, it was kind of fun and we were very proud of our efforts when we finished.
At the far end of the yard we plan to make a patio area out of the pavers and place a fountain in the crook of the fence.
Darryl’s crew also paved the golf cart area this week. He used the available pavers and I think it turned out so well.
We still have a few more things to do, but it’s nice to have all the big stuff done for now. Jim still has to wire the carport and storage room for lights, plus the window and door for the store room have not arrived yet. Chris and his crew have to complete the last section of the privacy fence, and Jim needs to build a gate for the picket at the front of the carport
In other news…Rowdy is happy to report that fires have resumed in her house…
And the poor rose bushes have given up their last blooms of summer.
And as happens every year, Jim sorted the leftover Halloween candy.
Hope your holiday season got off to a good start. Until we meet again. 🙂